Welcome All Piloting Enthusiasts!
For Aviation Enthusiasts, if you are interested in learning the basics of flying around the island of Kauai as a certificated pilot or not, Wings Over Kauai offers this to you as an “Introduction to Flight Training” experience! During this unique and awesome opportunity, you are able to handle the flight controls and conduct basic maneuvers like climbs, descents and turns, with a certified flight instructor next to you. You also learn about basic aircraft systems, safety precautions, basic navigation and scanning for traffic. The instructor handles the radio work and the take-off and the landing, but will explain the procedures to you. Your one-hour W.O.K. Introductory Flight can be logged and counted towards your total hours in your logbook!
See some beautiful scenery and learn how to control an aircraft in flight, all under the watchful eye of an experienced instructor, and in a reliable aircraft that is perfectly suited to learning how to fly. Although we do not offer multiple flight recurrent training, Wings Over Kauai can provide one-hour recurrent training or refresher flights to student or licensed pilots.
This flight will require a 2 paid seats minimum, maximum 3 paying passengers. Body weight of combined passengers need to be under 525 pounds. The flight will be a 65 minute private flight, viewing the entire island (weather permitting)! You will taxi out onto the Lihue Airport Runway, fly out over the ocean, passing Kipu Kai, Waimea Canyon, and cruising the entire Na Pali Coast, then Hanalei Bay and the waterfalls of the interior at Mt. Wai`aleale before coming back to Lihue Airport to land! For pilots, I can honestly say you will love our Kauai flight lesson, it is very memorable!
- The cost will be $179 per person plus 6% tax(two seat minimum). Totaling the dual flight instruction time at $379 (includes aircraft and instructor time).
- Includes 60 to 65 minutes of flight time, during which you will see almost the entire island.
- Includes one additional seat with the third passenger costing an additional $179.
- The combined weight of all passengers (not including the CFI) must be under 525 lbs. We need accurate weights given at time of booking please.
- Includes logged time
- We provide all headsets or bring your own.
- Available Tuesday, Thursday & Saturday!
- You can book online, the Cessna has the instructional option or call us anytime, 808-635-0815, glad to help you!
- Introductory mountain flight training
- Introductory over-water flight training