Hello to All Visiting Pilots!
Hello to all visiting pilots. So sorry we currently don’t have a CFI on our team and will temporarily suspend the flight school. We do still have our Cessna and extremely capable and informative pilots who are glad to take you on a tour of Kauai. We hope to have a CFI on board and to reinstitute instructional flights by summer of 2020, so will keep you posted.
We have so enjoyed the many thousands of visiting pilots who have come to experience our Kauai flight school. We have learned over the years that one of the things pilots enjoy most is getting into the captain’s chair and experiencing this incredible scenery – we sense it is their favorite seat, and in the most extraordinary place!
Several of our pilots are flight instructors, and we encourage you to come and learn to fly in Hawaii with them. You will be left seat, handling the controls; they will manage the radio and teach you mountain and open ocean flight techniques. You may bring one person along in the back seat.
The cost will be $290 total charge. This will include 60 to 65 minutes of flight time, during which you will see almost the entire island. You will taxi out on the Lihue Airport Runway, fly out over the ocean, circling Kipu Kai, then on the west side up Waimea Canyon, popping over to the amazing Na Pali Coast.
You will cruise the entire Na Pali, then Hanalei Bay and the waterfalls of the interior at Mt. Wai`aleale before coming in for a landing at Lihue Airport. This is the same route all the tour operators here take, helicopters and airplanes, and it is very memorable. For pilots, I can honestly say you will love our Kauai flight lessons!
Sorry, we don’t have any aircraft available for rent, but even if we do not have a CFI available you may still go out in the Cessna with one of our experienced pilots and have a great time.
- Dual flight instruction is $290 per hour (includes aircraft and instructor time).
- Includes 60 to 65 minutes of flight time, during which you will see almost the entire island.
- Includes one additional person riding in the back seat if you like.
- A third passenger will cost an additional $62.50
- The combined weight of all passengers (not including the CFI) must be under 500 lbs.
- VFR pilot recurrency training
- Introductory mountain flight training
- Introductory over-water flight training